June 29, 2022; 12:00pm est
Tracfone Key Dates and Updates / Source: Tracfone Wireless Inc.
Tracfone key changes will be taking place soon and here are key dates that are coming:
Reminder to all dealers that The Tracfone brand is now Verizon network activations only for new customers!
- EFFECTIVELY ON JUNE 30, 2022-
Dealers can activate and earn a commission with Tracfone branded AT&T and T-Mobile SIMs through June 30, 2022.
- EFFECTIVELY JULY 1, 2022-
• DAP will no longer support activations with AT&T or T-Mobile SIMs on the Tracfone brand.
• DAP will leave the RTR process for AT&T and T-Mobile SIMs on the Tracfone brand.
• Verizon SIMs will continue to be available and will remain the only carrier for the Tracfone brand.
Effective 7/1/22, TracFone’s sole TSP for activation and top-up is VIDAPAY. All IAS dealers are asked to keep their eye open for a VIDAPAY email and follow the link and setup instructions to ensure a smooth transition.
What Won’t Change
• Your current TracFone tier will carry over along with your residuals
• Non-Activated TracFone devices and Handset Rebates will remain the same. You will still have access to DAP with your IAS credentials for 60 days following your approval in order to access reporting
• Handset RMAs will be BAU and your Master Agent "MegaTel Wireless😊" won't change!
Effective 7/1/2022, your T-Mobile customer may be on a device that lacks support for 4G LTE and/or VoLTE calling. To prevent service interruptions, your customer will need to upgrade to a 4G VoLTE or 5G compatible phone. Use Compatibility List to confirm whether the device is compatible.
For more information, visit TFS Dealers (tfdap.com) and contact support!